She Leads Africa plans global SheHive events


She Leads Africa has successfully concluded three SheHive events in Nigeria and Ghana, with further events planned worldwide across the coming months.

Disrupt Africa reported in September She Leads Africa revealed plans to host a one-week pop-up co-working space dedicated to female entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria, – dubbed SheHive – with a number of high-profile industry figures to set to speak to the tenants and provide business support.

The success of the inaugural event prompted further SheHives in Accra, Ghana, and most recently in Abuja, Nigeria.

The events aim to equip young and ambitious women with new skills in climbing the corporate ladder, negotiating, developing a pitch deck, identifying job opportunities, speaking with investors and more,

The most recent event was held in Abuja last weekend, and attracted over 100 attendees. She Leads Africa said 80 per cent of participants gave the event a 5 out of 5 in terms of usefulness, with the remaining 20 per cent giving the event a 4 out of 5 rating.

As a result of SheHive’s popularity, She Leads Africa announced the bootcamp will be taken “on the road” over the course of 2016. Events are planned for New York in June; Nairobi in July; London  in August; a return to Lagos in October; and Johannesburg in November.

Those interested can register for an event here.


About Author

Inspired and excited by the African tech entrepreneurial scene, Gabriella spends her time travelling around the continent to report on the most innovative tech startups, the most active investors, and the latest trends emerging in the ecosystem.

Leave A Reply